Volunteers play an important role in what we do.
Like many not-for-profit organisations, Amaroo relies on the generosity of volunteers to help in the provision of services to consumers.
We acknowledge and appreciate the hard work, skill, motivation, and dedication that our volunteers bring to our organisation. Our consumers and staff highly value the time you dedicate to assist us at Amaroo. In turn, we hope that your time with us at our organisation is a rewarding, fulfilling and fun experience for everyone that gets involved.
What having people volunteering means for Amaroo:
- It means we see things from different people’s perceptive as volunteers come with all kinds of experiences.
- It means we have new energy, creativity and knowledge entering the Amaroo community bringing fresh ideas and innovation.
- It means affording Amaroo staff the opportunity to provide services to more consumers.
- It means improving the quality of life for all consumers and engaging them with the happenings in the wider community.
- It means increasing the knowledge and awareness of Amaroo Village and the services we provide with the public.
It means a lot to us if you want to join our community and assist us in providing excellent care to those we support.
The benefits of becoming a volunteer:
- It’s an enjoyable, active way to be involved and giving back to your community.
- It’s an opportunity for personal development and broadening of your life experiences.
- It allows you to maintain your skills and to be able to share your life skills with others.
- Its an opportunity to learn from the consumers and their own life experiences – they are always willing to share and have a chat.
- For those considering working in the aged care industry it can provide useful exposure and experience.
Amaroo has more than 150 volunteers assisting at our Gosnells sites. Volunteers help in a range of areas including providing transport, gardening, resident visits, activities, fundraising and administration. Any assistance you are willing to provide will be greatly appreciated.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or would like to know more information, please complete the volunteer expression of interest form and our Village Lifestyle Coordinator will be in contact to discuss the opportunity further and provide you with an information pack.
VOLUNTEER EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM
Or, if you would prefer to have a chat, our Village Lifestyle Coordinator can be contacted by phoning the administration office on 9490 3899. As part of the application process volunteers are given the opportunity to choose the type of volunteer work, they are interested in.
All volunteers will be required to complete a police clearance (paid for by Amaroo), and will be required to provide proof of having received a 2021 influenza vaccination and COVID-19 vaccinations.