Residential Care - Buckley Caring Centre & McMahon Caring Centre
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Visitors
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding of the protective safety measures implemented in our aged care facilities in response to the risk of COVID-19. Our residents’ safety and wellbeing is our highest priority as we continue to review the situation in Western Australia to ensure that we are responding appropriately.
The WA Department of Health are continuing to require any person who enters a residential aged care home to have a current 2021 influenza vaccination. We will be required to seek appropriate evidence of immunisation status from all seeking to enter our facilities. This can be a statement or record from a Health Practitioner (GP) or an immunisation history statement available from Medicare. All visitors must have proof of having received the current 2021 influenza vaccination from 31 May 2021.
Following the latest directions from the WA Government, the following arrangements will be in place from 12.01am Saturday 15 May 2021:
Monday 10:00am – 4.00pm
Tuesday 10:00am – 4.00pm
Wednesday 10:00am – 5.00pm
Thursday 10:00am – 4.00pm
Friday 10:00am – 5.00pm
Saturday 10:00am – 4.00pm
Sunday 10:00am – 4.00pm
- Four visitors per resident at any one time.
- Visits to occur in resident’s bedroom or outside courtyards/areas. Visits are not to occur in communal areas.
- All visitors need to participate in the ‘screening’ process before entry, including:
- Show proof of having been vaccinated against influenza.
- Have body temperature taken.
- Answer a series of questions relating to your current health status, travel etc
When visiting our aged care facilities, it is important to practice physical distancing (1.5mtrs) and good hand hygiene. If you are, or have been unwell, please stay away until your symptoms have resolved.
Should residents wish to go out to visit family and friends or attend appointments. It is important to continue to follow good hygiene including regular hand washing and cough etiquette. We also recommend maintaining social distancing as appropriate.
Once again, thank you for your ongoing support and understanding. Our visitor guidelines are to protect all our residents and staff.
You are not permitted to enter our aged care facilities if:
- You are, or have been unwell. Stay away until your symptoms have resolved.
- You live near or have visited any of the hotspots pinpointed by the Health Department’s contact tracing.
If you visited any of the hotspot areas or have been in close contact with anyone who may have been to one of the identified locations within the timeframe provided by the Health Department, and then visited Amaroo, please inform our staff.
To find out more please visit the Healthy WA website. All WA Government announcements in regards to COVID-19 can be found on its website.
Tours and Administration:
For a tour of our facilities, retirement village and/or villas inspection, please contact our Residential Accommodation Coordinator.
- Please perform hand hygiene before entering administration office.
- All visitors need to sign in on arrival and out of departure.
- Do not visit if you are unwell, experiencing fever and respiratory illness.