About the role:
The Maintenance department are seeking an enthusiastic and reliable individual to join the team. Our team plays an integral part at Amaroo Village in ensuring we offer beautiful grounds and facilities to our consumers. The role will be based in Gosnells and is a permanent full-time position.
In this role you will be:
- Assisting with planned maintenance and routine repairs within village units, buildings, and aged care facilities.
- Detecting, identifying and repairing building issues
- Identifying, reporting, and performing reactive maintenance tasks
- Take part in the maintenance on-call roster and attend to after hour call-outs as needed
- Collaborate with contractors and other professionals during repairs, maintenance, and renovations.
- Working within the grounds department to achieve set outcomes.
- Assisting with daily mowing schedules and grounds related tasks.
- Assisting with the servicing and maintenance of grounds equipment.
To be successful in this position you will be able to demonstrate:
- Carpentry experience and knowledge will be looked at favorably
- Passion for gardening and the great outdoors.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar capacity (desirable)
- Live locally (Gosnells region preferred) or be willing to travel.
- Must be physically fit and able to work in the elements when required (PPE supplied)
- Adaptability and able to think fast on your feet
- Be willing to be part of the after-hours call out team
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess a high level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and work towards an outcome or objective, unsupervised
- Have a passion and interest in aged care and want to 'add value' to the client’s quality of life
- Hold a current valid driver’s licence and road worthy vehicle
- All candidates must be able to supply proof of having received their 2021 influenza vaccination and COVID-19 vaccinations.
- All candidates need to be able to provide a current National Police Clearance (no older than 6 months).
In return Amaroo will offer you:
- A rewarding role and competitive remuneration package
- Excellent employee benefits and salary packaging options
- Professional Development opportunities
- A great team, culture, and flexible working environment
How to Apply:
1. Download an application form
2. Return it to us by one of the following:
- Mail / Drop Off to: Amaroo Village, 65 Dorothy Street, Gosnells WA 6110.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (08) 9398 4923