About the role
- Be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of lifestyle, social and wellness activity programs to support and enhance the lives of residents in Residential Care Centre’s and the Independent Living Village.
- Set the tone for the emotional environment for our residents and the staff that care for them.
- Build meaningful relationships with residents by listening and acting with a vested interest in development of their mental and physical wellness.
- Lead a team that will support with effectively rolling out programs that are tailored to the needs of residents with a view to improving quality of life, and that are tailored to the physical and cognitive ability of residents.
- Upholding responsibility for management of budget and financials for department.
- In collaboration with managers and the marketing team, regularly promote and market programs that inform residents, relatives and staff of proposed activities.
- Ensure Direct Reports assess and document the effectiveness of programs by tracking residents’ progress and changing programs as needed.
- Cert IV in Allied Health.
- Experience in leading and managing teams of staff and/or volunteers.
- Experience with management of budget and financials for department.
- Experience coordinating lifestyle programs in a residential aged care, independent living and community setting.
- Leading and managing multiple teams, often across virtual environments.
- Experience in formulating, facilitating and evaluating activity programs in aged care setting.
- Ability to build effective, positive relationships with residents, families and other colleagues.
- Ability to problem solve and use initiative to maximise positive outcomes.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of continuous quality-improvement.
- Knowledge of Aged Care Standards and an understanding of person-centered care.
- Advanced Computer Skills “Microsoft Suite”
- Current National Police Clearance
- Seasonal Flu Vaccination
- Must hold a WA drivers license.
- Experience in conducting dementia-specific programs is advantageous.
- Ability to travel intrastate if required.
In return, Amaroo will provide you with:
- A rewarding role and competitive remuneration package
- Excellent employee benefits and salary packaging options (up to $18,550 per annum )
- Flexible working arrangements where possible
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free onsite parking
For further information about the role, please contact People & Culture Team at HR@amaroovillage.com.au