About the role
The GM Residential Care and Home Care reports to the CEO and is responsible for the leadership and oversight of Amaroo’s Residential and Home Care services. The main responsibilities include maintaining effective clinical governance across the organization and managing the day to day operations across Residential and Home Care services. This is a key leadership role with responsibility for contributing to and executing the organisation’s strategic goals as part of the Executive Management Team.
Key result areas
- Be responsible for leading Amaroo Home Care program, Residential Care Facilities, and teams to ensure effective service delivery and quality of service/care to residents and home care clients.
- Oversee the home care and facility operations in all matters related to standard of practices/care, legislative requirements, staffing, financial and budgetary management, accreditation, and business operations.
- Be responsible for providing aged care/home care advice to the CEO and the board of Amaroo for the continuous development of care services.
- Build and maintain cross functional and external stakeholder relationships.
Quality and clinical governance
- Lead clinical governance through review of new evidence and contemporary practice to make evidence-based recommendations or adjustment to strategy. Contribute to audits, analysis of data, clinical reviews, and identify continuous improvement activities and support managers to implement change.
- Monitor regulatory changes within the industry and ensure all service provision complies with the most current Aged Care and subsidiary legislation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous quality improvement and develop action plans in collaboration with service leaders to address compliance and quality gaps.
- Prepare and provide monthly analysis and report of quality indicators to the Executive Team and the Board.
- Oversee and maintain an effective and appropriate infection surveillance, prevention and control program across Amaroo.
- Identify and deliver on innovative ways of delivering services in the new aged care environment in collaboration with the management team.
- Build, foster and effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders.
- Undertake a review of service offerings to ensure financial sustainability and compliance.
- Undertake and contribute to special projects.
- Contribute to funding applications as required.
Residential and Home Care services
- Lead, direct and oversee various strategic and operational activities.
- Act as a professional role model and mentor for Residential Care and Home Care Managers to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of care and services to consumers.
- Build and maintain an effective and skilled team by establishing role clarity at direct report level ensuring that performance expectations, development and accountabilities are clearly set and regularly reviewed.
- Support the Home Care Manager to deliver a high-quality home care service that operates effectively within budget and demonstrates growth in relation to client acquisition.
- Support and facilitate Residential Care Facilities to achieve financial and performance KPIs, including:
- workforce, financial and equipment resources are within budgetary objectives;
- bed occupancy is maintained to budgeted levels;
- appropriate staffing levels and skill mix is maintained to meet consumers’ needs;
- workforce has sufficient training and knowledge to perform their duties;
- staff are engaged and feel supported in their roles; and
- resident experience is positive.
In return Amaroo will offer you:
- A rewarding role and competitive remuneration package
- Additional bonus payable annually if KPIs met
- Additional 1% superannuation
- Vehicle allowance
- Excellent employee benefits and salary packaging options (up to $18,550 per annum )
- Flexible working arrangements where possible
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free onsite parking
- Minimum 3 years proven experience at a senior management level within the health and / or aged care sector, and demonstrated leadership experience.
- Habitual work behaviours and attitude which are consistent with the Amaroo values.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards, Work Health and Safety Legislation, best practice clinical care, and relevant compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated change management experience and experience in managing a multidisciplinary team including mentoring and developing people.
- Strong business acumen with ability to manage resources, exceed targets and think outside the box.
- High level communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to prepare written reports and submissions.
- Highly developed and effective organisational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Current National Police Clearance
- Registered Nurse holding current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Graduate or Post Graduate level qualification in health management or business management.
For further information, or a copy of the position description, please email Rebecca, People & Culture Manager: