Volunteers don't just do the work - they make it work!
Like many not-for-profit organisations Amaroo relies on the generosity of volunteers to help in the provision of services to residents.
Benefits to Amaroo of our volunteers include:-
- Providing a new person’s perspective, energy and creativity.
- Allowing paid staff more time to work in areas for which they are trained.
- Improving the quality of life for all residents.
- Increasing knowledge and awareness of the general public.
- Making residents feel they are part of the ordinary community.
- The benefits of becoming a volunteer are extensive: -
- It’s an enjoyable, active way to be involved, needed and committed to your community.
- It can meet your needs for personal development and broadening of your life experiences.
- It allows you to maintain your personal skills and to be able to share your life skills with others.
- For those considering working in the aged care industry it can provide useful exposure and experience.
Amaroo has more than 100 volunteers assisting at our Gosnells sites. Volunteers help in a range of areas including providing transport, gardening, resident visits, activities, fundraising and administration. Volunteers are free to give as little or as much time as they have available.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or would like to know more information please contact our Village Lifestyle Coordinator for an information pack. Our Village Lifestyle Coordinator can be contacted by telephoning the administration on 9490 3899. As part of the application process volunteers are given the opportunity to choose the type of volunteer work they are interested in. All volunteers will be required to complete a police check (paid for by Amaroo) prior to commencing at Amaroo Village.