Buckley Caring Centre
Welcoming you to Buckley Caring Centre, Amaroo Village's newest Aged Care Facility. Our stunning accommodation is designed 2 floors, offering 128 beds.
Buckley Caring Centre was Amaroo’s initial flag ship in Residential Aged Care. The first stage which is the Karri Wing was first built in 1982, initially providing 37 beds. With extensions in 1991 adding a further 24 places, this was made up of four 6-room pods which is known as Tuart, a further two ‘exempt’ places were added in 1997 with the remaining 18 low care licenses, being Jarrah, opening in May 2002.
Buckley Caring Centre was built as a low care facility, providing the extra assistance needed for residents to maintain a quality of life when they were no longer able to care for themselves in their own home.
Over the years however there has been a shift in resident care needs and history is showing that older Australians prefer to remain in their own homes for longer. With the shift in lower care needs being provided in the home this has resulted in residential care now being at a much higher level than was previously experienced. As a result this has presented challenges to Buckley Caring Centre in being able to accommodate this shift in care needs and has provided many challenges in providing high care in essentially what was designed and built for low care.
So the opportunity to redevelop the main hub of Buckley Caring Centre was identified and embraced by the Board.
Buckley Caring Centre consists of two stages;
Part A/Stage 1
- 2 x 36 bed block in pods of 6 beds + 2 respite beds over 2 levels = 74 places
- New Kitchen with the capacity to cater for up to 200 meals per meal time to be able to provide for possible future demands in Assisted Living and village clubhouse etc
- New Laundry with the capacity to cater for a total of 150 persons laundry needs.
Part B/Stage 2
- Significant refurbishment to Karri Wing with a redesigned layout enabling an appropriate Dementia Specific area offering 36 places.
- Minor refurbishment to Jarrah Wing, including a server and retaining 18 places
With construction now completed, the expected occupancy for the new wings (Stage 1) is set for early February 2017. Initially the residents from Tuart, Karri and potentially Jarrah will be transferred with the remaining 23 beds being offered to new residents after this initial move. This will increase the bed numbers to 128 places.
The first move and intake of residents will also see a need for additional staff to take up the additional hours required to care for these residents. Existing employees at Buckley Caring Centre will be transferred to the new site, however we will also be undertaking a recruitment process towards end of 2016 to fill any remaining shifts available.
Click below to view floor plans:
- Dining room
- Large activity room
- Outdoor barbeque
- Television lounge with fireplace
- Vegetable garden
- Occupational Therapy
- Pain Management Program (subject to assessment of required need)
- Activity programs
- Chef cooked meals catering to all dietary requirements and prepared on site
- Hair salon
- Massage therapist
Fees at Buckley Caring Centre cover care, meals, cleaning and laundry. Incidentals such as pharmacy scripts, hairdressing and outings are additional. Fees will depend on income level and assets. and will be discussed in detail upon application. Fees are calculated in strict accordance with Government regulations and the Aged Care Act 1997.